Thursday, March 13, 2008

Provo Gems: The Biofeedback Lab

Aside from a good cup of Gelato, this place is top notch when it comes to stress reduction. Located in a hidden corner in the bottom of the WILK, the biofeedback lab specializes in measuring and decreasing stress levels by using medical equipment to get "feedback" from your body. I initially had to go for my nursing class, but it is open to anyone. You make an appointment and when it is your allotted time, you go and sit in the ridiculously comfortable chair, get thermometers taped onto your fingers, and electrodes glued onto your forehead and enjoy the session. I came out feeling so good I was unsure that I could stay awake through my next class. Very yoga-esque in nature, this may not be for everybody, but I believe that everyone should find some way that they relieve stress as we all have those extra stressors that make our lives difficult, and the biofeedback lab is a great way to get back on your feet and feeling good.

No comments: