Saturday, April 19, 2008

Provo Gems: J-dawgs

J-dawgs is an economical phenomenon--every kids dream. One man decides he wants to open up his very own hot-dog shack, makes his own special sauce, and before he knows it has hungry college students lined up around the block, waiting for their chance to bite into their very own overloaded, dripping dog, and he is struggling to find ways to expand. I, of course, had to try it out. The hot dogs are good, as far as hot-dogs go at least, I will give them that. The key, is the large variety of condiments that can be loaded on top, including a sweet "special sauce" which the owner refuses to reveal the ingredients of. The owner, of course is great. He was more than excited to welcome me to my first J-dawgs experience, and laughed with the regulars behind me, not even needing to ask for their order. I don't even like hot dogs that much, and I didn't exactly feel like running a marathon when I was finished, but J-dawgs still makes my list of provo gems. With it's laid back feel, great music, apple beer, and better than the average hot dog, J dawgs is something that you can't find everywhere. Check it out at their website at www.jdawgs.com and tell me what you think.
(photo courtesy of www.jdawgs.com)

3 comments:

Dad said...

I guess you found the place I can take you to dinner when I am in town in May. It makes for a inexpensive Daddy/Daughter date.

Brad and Erica said...

Remember when I really wanted to go to J-Dawgs before I left Provo and everyone made fun of me and then it was too late to stop by on our way back from Lake Powell. Someday I will eat a J-Dawgs hot dog...

Taniel said...

hahaha-- oh yeah that was so funny, and dad kept on saying "oh, I guess that we have to stop because Erica wants a hot dog" over and over again, and wouldn't let it drop, and then you never got one! haha, good times.