Tuesday, April 15, 2008

To Rinse or Not to Rinse

It has been my experience that you either swear by mouthwash, or could care less. So which is it? To rinse or not to rinse? I wouldn't consider my family rinsers by nature. I never really used it growing up except on those rare days of the month when I did decide to floss and figured that I might as well complete my mini-self-service-dental-cleaning and end with the 30 seconds of Listerine burn. I am now here to say that I am a changed woman.
"Hi, I'm Taniel"
"Hello Taniel"
"I haven't missed a day of rinsing in over 3 months."
"oh congratulations, you are an inspiration to us all!"

Seriously, toothbrushes just don't do it for me anymore. I need the extra cleaning power that mouthwash brings to my hygiene routine. I would like to thank my roommate Stephanie, and he who shall not be named (not Voldemort you idiot) a previous love interest who converted me to their ways. So take a chance, step into the light and rinse your mouth out at night. You can spare the extra thirty seconds, I promise. It'll change your life. (If you sense the infomercial undertone, let me know, maybe I have found my summer job)

2 comments:

Deb Lamb said...

eeewwww--my teeth were feeling kinda'fuzzy as I read you blog. You have no idea how hard I laughed and then seriously. . . I went and rinsed!

Brad and Erica said...

I decided to comment on your blog because I don't want to be a blog version of a Peeping Tom. This one really had me laughing hard too. And, Mom isn't kidding -- she rinsed immediately after reading it, but she made the mistake of coming in to see me while she was rinsing and I started laughing and then she laughed and blew listerine out of her nose. I have it on good report that it REALLY burned. I don't know about working for an Infomercial company, but I really do think you could have a career in journalism -- you are a GREAT writer!!