Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Out Trip to Mona

Isaac and I decided to go for a drive the other day and since I am super excited about my new camera I got for my birthday I was thrilled to go and see if I couldn't get shots of something beautiful. We ended up in Mona, population 850. Mona is basically a large patch of farmland with maybe a gas station and a burger shop--similar to my own hometown. What Mona is known best for though, is their lavender fields. They were absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't have been happier. Isaac waited patiently off to the side as I snapped away... I just couldn't get enough! As we were driving home, we passed by fields and fields of seagulls feasting on grasshoppers which reminded me of a scene from long ago, when the seagulls saved the pioneer crops. The sunset was beautiful and a rainbow even appeared behind the mountains. I am sure that if you listened carefully you may have heard me humming the tune to "how great thou art" the rest of the way home. It was a wonderful night.

mona1

mona2

mona3

3 comments:

Martha said...

These pictures are fabulous! I am so jealous of your camera

Brad and Erica said...

Beautiful, Taniel! You are putting me to shame! Maybe we should do some portraits in the lavender fields? Maybe they will be gone by then. Bummer. Also, LOVED the Harry Potter costumes. Great shots, and GREAT costumes!

Deb Lamb said...

I am so happy for you--that you finally have the camera you have been wanting for so long. I'm excited to see you develop your talent--if this is where you are starting from, we are in for a treat!